When planning a night out, I think I actually look forward to the “getting ready” part more than actually going out. I always match my makeup to my outfit and make sure I don’t have the same makeup style going on as my friends. After an evening of pre-drinks, projecting the whole Moana song out on Snapchat with Gi, to stumbling out of the nightclub at 5am, my makeup somehow still looked untouched (I have secrets… Keep reading!).
Top Tips For A Non-Touched Everlasting Look
- A good primer (I use No7 Pore Minimising Primer)
Foundation is the base of your look, so it’s important it stays in place. With a good primer you can guarantee your foundation will stay in place and hide those blemishes (or my red blotchy face after a few drinks).
- Brow Pomade or a good Brow Pencil (I use ABH Dip Brow Pomade or MAC Cosmetics Brow Styler)
If there is one thing you can’t lose on a night out, it’s your brows, they are like the main event. If you’ve got good brows, you’re good, regardless of the rest of your face.
- GLOW! Highlighter shining on that dancefloor, that’s exactly what you need. (I use Laura Geller Illuminator)
Whenever I see a girl with serious highlighter goals, I always have to comment. Glisten like a mermaid!
- MATTE LIPS will see you from the start of the night to the next morning, even after multiple tequilas.
There’s nothing worse than smudging lipstick onto your teeth or trying to re-apply in the bathroom with drunk eyes. Whenever I wear Matte lip products, I don’t even take the lipstick out with me. There are loads of options to choose from, I like the Morphe Liquid Lipstick’s and L’Oreal Paris Infallible Nudist Matte Lip Paint.
- Set it in place! NYX Setting Spray is reasonably priced and works!
I remember back in Year 8 when we would all spray our faces with hairspray to try set our makeup in place. Surely you did too? Gone are the days of spraying with hairspray, invest in this setting spray.
These are my five top makeup tips for a night out, and as the weekend is now in full swing, maybe you can try them out tonight! Let me know your thoughts. xo